Cross Country Called On Account of Rain, Unreport #2


 
The other activity postponed last weekend [Unreport #1] was an impromptu cross-country school. I had no plans to do this. We are not ready for a full day of galloping in the open, which is what one normally thinks of when considering a XC school.

As I filled out the entry form, I saw the words, “Cross-Country schooling, $25 with entry.” Flying high off our jumping session at Stepping Stone Farm [Still Recording Every Effort], I decided to go for it. Why not? We’d be there anyway. Milton was good the last time [Mr. Excitement Regards His Future]. So I signed up.

An even better jump school confirmed the marvelousness of the idea [Juggling The Options, photo].

Then came the hissy fit [Two Hops Forward], which took the wind out of my sails, and the admonishment to ride forward AWAY from the jumps [Big Trot], which upped the ante on what we should be doing over the XC fences.

As a result, we didn’t jump during the schooling adventure [Where In The World Is Milton?], due in part to the lack of value in the little amount of jumping we would have done.

Had we gone to the show, I would have at least walked over some jumps. Might as well, the fee had been paid. If all we had done was plod over a few log piles, didn’t cost nothing but time.

So that’s the plan for the new show date. After the rides, I’ll put on my vest. We will go out to the cross-country course. We will do something. Not sure what. Maybe I’ll be feeling froggier by then.

Thank you for reading,
Katherine Walcott

Categories: Horses

2 replies »

%d bloggers like this: