Process Notes. Idea for a collage came from Artistcoveries: “A Fearless Attitude of Play”. Although, these are closer to what the post considers a collection than “creating images from other images.” In other words, it’s not art, but it was interesting.
True art takes time. I did not take time.
Things I did. I cut out a bunch of letters. I laid down lines of double-sided tape. I plonked letters down. No backsies. Done. Moving on.
Things I did not do. Did not sketch out the size and shape of the letter profiles. (Kinda ended up wedged together didn’t they?) Did not do a preliminary positioning of the cut-outs to determine the optimal blend of shapes and colors. (The big letters are more of a pile than images in their own right.) I did not take the time to hunt down my stamp tongs to help place the letters. (I went with a plastic card, fingers, and best guess.)
I hereby decree this to be an experiment. Give it a try. See what turns up. Do a better, longer, more elaborate version if the process turns out to be amusing. Proof of concept, if you will. For the idea of turning the negative “impatient” into the positive “experimental,” I thank Paper Ponderings: Experimenting.
Hat tip to the Valley Vet catalogue and to US Eventing & Bee Culture magazines. Among others. Cut out way more letters than I used. Although, note to self, ending up needed more little letters than I was expecting in order to fill small spaces.